Box Build Assembly Services
Sonic provides expert box build assembly services including systems integration. We collaborate with clients to design custom processes, tracking, and testing of all systems and subsystems. We are also experienced in using both standard and custom-designed enclosures as well as working with small and large form factors.
Sonic’s Box Build Assembly Services
From an initial build-out to determine design for manufacturing (DFM) or a final build for product verification, Sonic’s modern, 85K-square-foot production facility in Fremont, California, utilizes advanced production-line technology for all your box build needs:
- Build-to-order (BTO) and configure-to-order (CTO) services
- Backplane assembly
- Cable and harness assembly
- Engineering support
- Functional testing
- Hardware and software integration
- Printed circuit board (PCB) production and assembly
Prototypes can typically be produced within two days to two weeks depending on exact specifications and materials required.
The Markets Sonic Serves
Whether you have a project from an incubator, lab, or startup, Sonic has experience working with multiple industries:
- Biotech and medical devices
- Computing and data storage
- Development labs
- Industrial testing and measurement
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Renewable technologies
The Benefits of Working with Sonic
Box build assembly services are an integral part of new product introduction (NPI), and that takes more than just following a diagram or schematic. As an established electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider, Sonic brings over 20 years of experience to box builds.
Manufacturing Design & Development
Sonic knows your specialty is design engineering, but we have over 30 engineers to help take your proof of concept (PoC) to efficient, assembly-line production. We can provide actionable feedback in the following areas:
- Product dimensions: Unit dimensions and weight are critical when determining the optimal manufacturing and shipping specifications.
- Bill of Materials (BOM): A detailed BOM controls costs and streamlines the production process by anticipating and planning for any potential supply delays.
- 3D computer-aided drafting (CAD) modeling: The use of 3D CAD models is a key component of the manufacturing design process before allocating resources for prototyping.
- Prototyping: Producing an initial prototype is essential to evaluate different manufacturing options and testing before full production.
- Unit testing: Basic testing includes both visual and functional assessments as well as flash and earth-bond tests in addition to identifying any unit-specific tests.
- Shipping specifications: Early identification of the final packaging and shipping requirements also contributes to refining the manufacturing process.
Logistics & Supply-Chain Management
Effective box build assembly also requires logistics and supply-chain management (SCM) planning. Our expertise includes:
- Materials management: We use over one million components per week to manufacture completed assemblies thanks to our computerized materials processes.
- Automated supply chain solutions: Accuracy is fundamental, and thanks to HAL, our self-correcting database, our inventory is consistently up to date.
- International procurement: Our Singapore office ensures the quality and timely shipment of components from Asia.
- Outbound logistics: We offer same-day order fulfillment and worldwide shipping to commercial businesses, residential addresses, regional manufacturers, and international warehouses.
Certified Superior Quality Assurance
When it comes to the quality of our box builds, you don’t have to take our word for it. Our certifications guarantee it:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- ISO 13485:2003 Certified
- IPC-A-610 Workmanship Certified
- J-Std-001 Soldering Certified
- ITAR, TUV, FCC, UL Registered
- RoHS & Lead-Free Process Certified
- REACH Compliant
Thanks to our extensive work in the automotive and biomedical device industries, we’re experienced in meeting strict compliance standards and regulations.
Your Go-To EMS Box Build Assembly Services Provider
Whether you’re a design engineer in Silicon Valley or a purchasing agent in Salt Lake City, Sonic has the box build capabilities to meet your current demands while also anticipating your future needs.